The Snail Mail Collective - September


Last month I signed up to The Snail Mail Collective - a wonderful monthly gift exchange that gives you the opportunity to get to know people from all over the world. A truly awesome idea!
I heard about SMC through this blog post by Laura from Wrapped Up In Rainbows, and I was luckily just in time to sign up for the September exchange (sign up is during the 1st - 7th of each month).

I was paired up with Katie from Doing Dewey and it was an absolute pleasure getting to know her!

Katie lives in Ithaca, New York where she is a PhD student at Cornell University. She loves reading (her blog is solid evidence of that!) and nature photography.

We exchanged a number of emails before sending our letter/gift and it was great to learn all about Katie and where she lives. We also had a few things in common - we both enjoy reading & photography, we are the eldest of three siblings and we've both been with our other half for nearly 6 years. Katie was so easy to talk to & we've both agreed we'd like to stay in touch. My first SMC experience has been a very positive one :-)
The contents of my parcel to Katie.
The theme for September (each month comes with a theme for the gift) was "Back to School". I sent Katie: a Muji notebook with her blog name stuck on, pens from both the Isle of Man & London, and chocolate - an essential when studying! I also added a Manx £1 note & some pictures as I rambled quite a lot about the Isle of Man in my letter (sorry, Katie).
My gift from Katie.
In my parcel from Katie I received a gorgeous apple themed card with more information about where she lives and a beautiful little book of Frida Kahlo postcards - I love it! Katie recognised her work from my blog post and surprised me with this incredibly thoughtful gift.
Frida Kahlo
Thank you again Katie! :-)

If you're interested in signing up for The Snail Mail Collective you can do so here. The next sign-ups will be open from the 1st - 7th November. I highly recommend giving it a go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun and I loved your ramblings! The Isle of Manx sounds so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete